We have our winners!!
the judges were delighted by the enthusiasm and engagement of BOPA members, after reviewing the tie break video submissions this weekend the winners have been chosen. It was tough as the quality of entries was high, and we would have loved to be able to take everyone with us. Here's out list of winners (in no particular order) who have been notified by email today. Judging was undertaken by 6 judges independently with set scoring criteria on initial application, then tie break scoring of a 30 second video submission of the candidates ideas. Thank you to everyone for engaging with the video submissions.
We are taking a party of 11 people to Chicago; 9 places were awarded to applicants, 1 place was reserved for the party leader (nominated from within the exec committee) plus 1 place added to group as the winner of 2017 congress prize for best poster presentation has chosen to join the ASCO party as his prize.
Our BOPA representatives in ASCO will be.
- Marcus Warner, Lead cancer e-prescribing Pharmacist, Guy's and St. Thomas NHS Foundation Trust
- Kelly Baillie, Senior Clinical Effectiveness Pharmacist, Cancer Medicines Outcome Programme, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- Kumud Kantilal PhD Student, University of East Anglia
- Hannah Atkins, Cancer Services Pharmacist, University College London Hospitals
- James Lochrie, Specialist Pharmacist Clinical & Technical Services, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- Debra Robertson, Lead Oncology Pharmacist, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
- Calum Polwart, Cancer Pharmacist, County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Charlotte Clarke, Senior Oncology Pharmacist, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Apostolos Papachristos, Cancer Pharmacist, University College London Hospitals
- Joseph Williams , Specialist Pharmacist - Paediatric Haematology/Oncology, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) (winner of 2017 congress best poster award)
- Steve Williamson, Consultant Cancer Pharmacist, Northumbria Healthcare NHS FT/ NHS England (Exec committee nominated party leader)
We'll keep you updated and hope to involve all our members in ensuring we bringing you the best of ASCO is the fomr you need, when you want it.
A big thank you to my fellow judges, Olga, Emma. Simon, Denise and Seoniad for their time and a finally a special mention to Olga and Emma who are leading the bursary committee.