Thank you to my NHS England Cancer Pharmacist colleagues for sharing the Information on the 'potential' treatment sites for delivery of CAR-T therapy in England. As yet we are unaware of potential sites in the rest of the home nations, so would be grateful if BOPA members can share any relevant information on this exciting new cancer treatment via our forums or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
so we can share
NHS England is pleased to confirm that the following 8 centres have been selected for the first JACIE inspections for accreditation in delivering Immune Effector Cell therapy, based on their submissions, geographical access and advice from JACIE and industry partners:
• Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
• King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
• Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (MRI /Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital)
• The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
• The Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
• University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
Further instructions are being sent to the sites identified for inspection.
This is the first phase of a national implementation of CAR T cell therapy with further phases expected in due course.